- Acura demonstrates tuner potential of RLX Luxury Performance Sedan and ILX Compact Luxury Sedan using Acura Genuine Accessories and top aftermarket brands
Acura today unveiled three customized sedans at the 2013 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show in Las Vegas, including the Acura RLX VIP Sedan, created by Evasive Motorsports, the RLX Urban Luxury Sedan and Street Performance ILX, both created by MAD Industries.
"How better to amp up the inherent luxury, excitement and prestige of the Acura Brand than to partner with the enthusiast crowd and create these custom RLX and ILX sedans," said Mike Accavitti, senior vice president of Auto Operations. "SEMA is where we go to add that little bit of spice that brings out the true performance character in our Acura lineup."
Acura engaged MAD Industries and Evasive Motorsports, both located in Southern California, to use Acura sedans as the platform to create even more exciting and dynamic custom vehicles.
2014 Acura RLX VIP Sedan
Evasive Motorsports created an Acura RLX VIP Sedan that is equally comfortable for daily commuting, or as a stylish upgrade for an evening on the town. The design includes a custom carbon fiber front bumper lip and vents, a modified rear bumper and fabricated exhaust system with titanium tips. Chargespeed side skirts combined with a deck lid spoiler and splash guards from Acura Genuine Accessories round out the body modifications. Nano-Fusion Film is used to protect paint on the front end. The wheels are 21-inch Advan F15 models wrapped in 245/35ZR-21 Continental ExtremeContact DW tires, both contributing to the VIP look. Prototype Tein Street Flex coilovers allow lowering of the RLX body. Four-pot Project Mu calipers and brake pads, and Evasive-spec brake rotors sit behind the front wheels. In the cabin, custom neck pillows wrapped in Jordan Brand-inspired elephant print add luxury and style.
- Custom Evasive Motorsports exhaust
- Quad titanium exhaust tips
- 21 x 9-inch (+35mm offset) AVS Model F15 wheels
- 245/35ZR-21 Continental ExtremeContact DW tires
- Prototype Tein Street Flex Coilovers
- Project Mu 4-piston big brake kit
- Project Mu NS400 brake pads
- Custom Evasive-spec brake rotors
- Custom carbon fiber front chin spoiler
- Custom carbon fiber front bumper vents
- Chargespeed carbon fiber side skirts
- Acura Genuine Accessories deck lid spoiler
- Acura Genuine Accessories splash guard set
- Muteki SR48 Lugs
- S&A Design vinyl stickers
- Nano-Fusion paint protection film
- Custom Jordan Brand-inspired elephant print neck pillows
2014 Acura RLX Urban Luxury Sedan
The 2014 Acura RLX Urban Luxury Sedan, by MAD Industries, is designed to appeal to the driver looking for a performance luxury sedan for every day needs. For the exterior, an Acura Genuine Accessory decklid spoiler and 3M 1080 Scotchprint wrap film, in brushed black metallic with gloss black accents, create a bold but refined look. 3M Color Stable window film completes the appearance creating a modern urban style. Silver 22-inch Niche wheels wrapped in Nitto Invo tires add an aggressive element to the stance. Complementing the wheels, MPG custom satin black caliper covers finish off the exterior details. Inside, a contemporary feel is created by 3M brushed black metallic film door and trim accents.
- 22 x 9-inch Niche Apex-M125 silver & machined wheels
- 265/30ZR-22 Nitto Invo luxury sport performance tires
- MPG Custom satin black caliper covers
- Acura Genuine Accessories deck lid spoiler.
- 3M 1080 Scotchprint wrap film series in brushed metallic - 1080-BR212
Acura Street Performance ILX
The Acura Street Performance ILX, by MAD Industries, is designed to appeal to the enthusiast looking for a fun car that feels at home on city streets or a curvy mountain pass. Wrapped in matte copper metallic and accented by matte charcoal metallic 3M Scotchprint 1080 film, the ILX stands out from the crowd. Acura Genuine Accessories aero kit is tastefully matched to a set of 19-inch TSW Max wheels wrapped in Nitto NT05 Max high performance tires. Tein Super Street coilovers give the ILX an aggressive stance while improving dampening during spirited driving. Under the hood, a supercharger kit from CT Engineering and an ECU tune with Hondata's FlashPro helps the ILX's 2.4-liter Inline-4 pump out 250 wheel horsepower. The prototype SP Elite exhaust from Greddy adds a throaty exhaust note.
- CT Engineering supercharger kit
- CT Engineering intake
- Hondata FlashPro
- Greddy SP Elite prototype exhaust
- K&N high performance air filter
- AMSOIL Dominator motor oil
- 19 x 8.5 TSW Max matte black wheels
- 245/35R-19 Nitto NT05 Max tires
- Tein Super Street coilovers
- Stoptech Big Brake kit
- MPG custom satin black caliper covers
- 3M 1080 Scotchprint wrap film: copper metallic 1080-M229 and charcoal metallic 1080-M211 installed by Paradise Moterwerks
- PIAA 9006 low beam and 9005 high beam Extreme White headlight bulbs. H11 fog lamps and Terra LED dome light bulbs.
- Acura Genuine Accessories front underbody spoiler
- Acura Genuine Accessories side underbody spoiler
- Acura Genuine Accessories rear underbody spoiler
- Acura Genuine Accessories deck lid spoiler
- Acura Genuine Accessories body side molding
- CT Engineering short-shift kit
- Acura Genuine Accessories illuminated door sill
- Acura Genuine Accessories trunk tray
Acura offers a full line of technologically advanced performance luxury vehicles through a network of 275 dealers within the United States. The Acura lineup features six distinctive models including the RLX luxury flagship sedan, the TL performance luxury sedan, the TSX Sport Wagon and sedan, the ILX compact luxury sedan, the RDX luxury crossover SUV, and the all-new MDX luxury sport utility vehicle.
For More Information
Additional media information including detailed features, pricing and high-resolution photography of the Acura model line is available at www.acuranews.com.
Connect With Acura
Consumer information about Acura is available at http://www.acura.com/
To join the Acura community on Facebook, visit https://www.facebook.com/Acura
These custom vehicles use some non-Acura Genuine parts that are not specifically endorsed by Acura. These modifications may void manufacturer's warranties or negatively affect performance, and may not be street legal where you drive. All modification information was provided by the vehicle builder and has not been confirmed by American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
# # #