2013 Acura MDX Press Kit
Since its debut in 2001 (when it promptly won Motor Trend magazine’s coveted Sport Utility of the Year award), the Acura MDX continues to be one of the best selling mid-sized SUVs— and one of the most benchmarked SUVs by its competitors. However, without resting on its laurels, Acura engineers have continually upgraded the MDX to include more features that better satisfy market desires. For 2010, the MDX got notably better in the form of a new engine and transmission, a revised chassis, more comfort, improved technology and a fresh new exterior look.
The 2013 MDX maintains the core elements that have made it a winner in the eyes of automotive journalists. Still present is strong (yet efficient) V-6 power, Nürburgring tuned suspension, Acura’s acclaimed Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD®) system, ACE™ body structure, a luxury interior with room for seven passengers and a cache of advanced features including: Acura Navigation System with Voice Recognition™, AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic™ and a spectacular 10-speaker Acura/ELS Surround® Premium Audio System. While competitors often charge for every luxury upgrade, the 2013 MDX delivers numerous items as standard equipment— such as a power operated tailgate and rearview camera.
The 2013 MDX uses a 3.7L V-6 engine that has a wide power curve, good fuel efficiency and a 6-speed automatic transmission. The MDX delivers a luxury ride combined with outstanding wet and dry weather handling. Ride and handling are even better when the MDX is optioned with the Advance Package that includes (among many items) the Active Damper System.
Externally, the 2013 MDX has a well-tailored look thanks to Acura’s signature front grille design, a bold front fascia with integrated fog lights, stylish side sills, a rear fascia matched with rolled edge polished stainless-steel exhaust finishers, high-tech taillights with LED lights and available 19-inch diameter 7-spoke aluminum wheels.
Inside, the 2013 MDX treats occupants with leather-trimmed seats, a thick sport-style steering wheel with racing-inspired paddle shifters, bold design gauges and available ventilated front seats. In addition, a host of driver relevant technology is available including AcuraLink® Satellite Communication System, Acura Navigation System with Voice Recognition™, AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic with Traffic Rerouting™, and AcuraLink Real-Time Weather™ with radar image maps. Other available features include a full VGA 8-inch navigation screen, a rear view camera with three unique view choices, rear entertainment system with a full VGA color screen, an audio system with 15 gigabytes of hard disk drive (HDD) space and USB port connectivity.
In keeping with Acura’s leadership in the application of advanced, customer-relevant features, the 2013 MDX is available with a wide array of technologies including Acura’s unique Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™), Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), and a blind spot information system (BSI).
• 3.7-liter SOHC, aluminum V-6 engine
• 300 hp at 6,300 rpm and 270 lbs-ft of torque at 4,500 rpm
• 11.2:1 compression ratio
• Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control (VTEC®) for intake valves
• Dual-stage induction system with lightweight magnesium intake manifold
• Computer-controlled Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)
• Direct ignition system
• Detonation/knock control system
• High-flow, sport-tuned dual exhaust system with dual stainless-steel outlets
• EPA TIER 2—BIN 5 and CARB LEV II ULEV emissions
• 100,000-mile tune-up intervals1
• Estimated 16/21/18 mpg** (city/highway/combined)
• Sequential SportShift 6-speed automatic transmission
• Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD®)
1Based on 2013 EPA mileage estimates. Use for comparison purposes only. Do not compare to models before 2008. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.
BODY & CHASSIS FEATURES
• Unit body structure with extensive use of high-strength steel
• Fully independent front suspension with MacPherson struts and stabilizer bar
• Fully independent rear suspension with multi-link control arms and stabilizer bar
• Torque-sensing, power-assist rack-and-pinion steering
• 4-wheel anti-lock braking system (ABS) with Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist
• Vehicle Stability Assist™(VSA®) with traction control and Trailer Stability Assist
• 18x8-inch 5-spoke aluminum wheels (MDX)
• 19x8.5-inch 7-spoke aluminum wheels (MDX with Advance Package)
• Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
• 5,000-pound tow rating
• Xenon High-Intensity Discharge (HID) low-beam front headlights
• LED tail lamps and Center High Mounted Stop Light (CHMSL)
• Heated outside mirrors with Reverse gear tilt-down and integrated LED directional turn signals
• 7 passenger seating
• Power actuated 10-way adjustable driver seat
• Two-driver custom memory system
• Power actuated 8-way front passenger seat
• Heated front seats with available ventilated front seats
• Steering wheel with racing-inspired transmission paddle shifters, audio controls and MID controls
• Tri-Zone automatic climate control system with air filtration and humidity control
• 253-watt Acura Premium Sound System with in-dash 6-disc CD/MP3/WMA changer, AM/FM radio tuner, XM® Radio with Note function music reminder, AUX jack connectivity and 8 speakers including an 8-inch subwoofer
• HomeLink® remote control
• Multi-Information Display (MID) allows access to multiple electronic functions
• Maintenance Minder™
• Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink® wireless telephone interface
• Auto-dimming rearview mirror with integrated rear view video screen
• Electric tilt and telescoping steering column
• Power operated rear tailgate
• LED interior lighting
• Milano premium leather seating surfaces
• Acura Navigation System with Voice Recognition™
• 8-inch full VGA high-resolution color display with LED backlighting
• Multi-view rear view camera
• AcuraLink® Satellite Communication System
• AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic with Traffic Rerouting™
• AcuraLink Real-Time Weather™ with radar image maps
• Interface dial (for quick, intuitive access to navigation, audio and other features)
• Acura/ELS Surround® premium 10-speaker audio system with DVD-Audio, DTS™, CD, AM/FM radio, XM® Radio with Note function music reminder, Bluetooth® Audio, 15 GB of hard disk drive (HDD) media storage space, USB port and AUX jack connectivity, Song By Voice™(SBV), Dolby Pro Logic II and a 410-watt Digital Signal Processing (DSP) amplifier
• GPS-linked, solar-sensing, tri-zone, automatic climate control system with air filtration and humidity control
Advance Package (in addition to the Technology Package features)
• Blind spot information system (BSI)
• Collision Mitigating Braking System™ (CMBS™)
• Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
• Exclusive design19x8.5-inch 7-spoke aluminum wheels
• Active Damper System (ADS)
• Perforated Milano premium full-grain leather front seating surfaces with high-damping front-seat cushion foam and contrasting stitching
• Ventilated front seats (in addition to heat)
• Steering wheel with unique colored paddle shifters
• Auto-leveling headlights
Entertainment Package (available with Technology or Advance Package)
• Rear Entertainment System (RES) with motorized full VGA color screen, DVD player, wireless headphones, remote control and AUX jack connectivity
• 115-volt power outlet located in the center console
• Heated second-row seats (for outboard seating positions)
• Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure
• Impact-absorbing crumple zones (front/rear)
• Side impact door beams
• Driver and front passenger dual-stage, multiple-threshold airbag Supplemental Restraint System (SRS)
• Driver and front passenger side airbags with front passenger Occupant Position Detection System (OPDS)
• Side curtain airbags for all three rows (outboard seats) with rollover sensor
• Driver and front passenger knee bolsters
• Active head restraints for front seats
• 3-point adjustable-height front seat belts with Emergency Locking Retractors
• Automatic Locking Retractor for all seating positions except driver seat
• 3-point seat belts for all seating positions
• LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) child-seat mounting system for the second-row seats
*For full details, download the "2013 Acura TL Press Kit" by clicking on the link above.
Acura Announces Pricing for 2013 MDX
The 2013 Acura MDX goes on sale today, with a manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) starting at $43,280. The award-winning MDX continues as a benchmark vehicle for performance, packaging and style in the seven-passenger luxury SUV segment.
The 2013 MDX is powered by a 3.7-liter, all-aluminum, 24-valve, VTEC® V-6 engine that produces 300 horsepower and 270 lb-ft of torque. The V-6 engine is matched to a Sequential SportShift 6-speed automatic transmission and Acura-exclusive Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD®). Acura SH-AWD is a full-time all-wheel-drive system that uses active torque vectoring to distribute engine torque to all four wheels to deliver optimal handling control under varying road-surface and weather conditions.
The dynamic styling of the 2013 MDX is highlighted by Acura's signature front grille, a bold front fascia, a rear fascia with integrated polished stainless-steel exhaust finishers, sleek taillights with bright LEDs, and 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels. Attention to detail and three rows of seating (for up to seven passengers) define the well-appointed and spacious interior of the MDX. Upscale leather stitching, a thick sport-style steering wheel grip, LED interior lighting, tri-zone climate control, a 253-watt Acura Premium Sound System® with 8-speakers and Bluetooth HandsFreeLink® are all part of the MDX's long list of standard luxury features.
The optional Technology Package adds Milano premium leather inside the cabin, as well as features such as the Acura Navigation System with Voice Recognition, an 8-inch VGA color display, a multi-view rear camera and a 410-watt Acura/ELS Surround Premium audio system with 10-speakers. The Advance Package augments the Technology Package with features such as the Active Damper System, 19-inch 7-spoke aluminum wheels, and ventilated front seats with perforated Milano premium full-grain leather.
In keeping with the Acura brand's leadership in the application of advanced, client-relevant features, the 2013 MDX is available with an array of cutting-edge technologies including Acura's unique Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™), Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and a blind spot information system (BSI).
The 2013 MDX is produced in North America by Honda of Canada Mfg. in Alliston, Ontario.
MDX with Technology Package
MDX with Technology Package and Entertainment Package
MDX with Advance Package
MDX with Advance Package and
Ways to connect with Acura:
Media Information: www.acuranews.com
Consumer Information: www.acura.com
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, vehicle options and destination charge of $895.00. Dealer prices may vary.
**Based on 2013 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.
# # #