- Hand-assembled at Acura’s Performance Manufacturing Center, the Acura MDX PMC Edition launches early next year with 300 vehicles to be built for the U.S. market and 30 for Canada
- The MDX PMC Edition combines the line-topping premium features of the Advance Package with the sporty character of the A-Spec line, along with other exclusive content
- Offered exclusively in Valencia Red Pearl – the highest quality, most vibrant paint Acura offers on a production car
Leveraging the advanced technology and human craftsmanship of Acura’s bespoke supercar factory, the 2020 Acura MDX PMC Edition will make its debut on Nov. 20, at AutoMobility LA. Covered in lustrous, PMC-exclusive Valencia Red Pearl paint, the MDX PMC Edition is the latest limited edition vehicle from Acura’s prestigious Performance Manufacturing Center (PMC) in Marysville, Ohio. Hand-assembled by the same master technicians who build the NSX supercar1 the 2020 Acura MDX PMC Edition will launch early next year with just 300 vehicles built for the U.S. market and 30 for Canada2. U.S. pricing is expected to be in the mid-$60,000 range.
The MDX PMC Edition is powered by Acura’s 3.5-liter direct-injected i-VTEC® V6 engine with 290 peak horsepower (SAE net) and 267 lb.-ft. peak torque (SAE net), mated to a quick-shifting and highly refined 9-speed automatic transmission and torque-vectoring Super-Handling All-Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD®).
To create this line-topping PMC edition, Acura combines the premium features of the MDX Advance Package with the sporty character of the MDX A-Spec package – a unique and exclusive build in the line-up. PMC Edition-exclusive exterior design elements include: Valencia Red Pearl paint, gloss black 20-inch alloy wheels, a body color grille surround with gloss-black grille mesh, black chrome exhaust finishers; and gloss-black treatment for the roof, roof antenna, exterior mirrors, window molding, rear license plate garnish and door handles.
Inside, the MDX PMC Edition is further distinguished by black Milano leather seats with Alcantara™ inserts, black piping and red stitching for the seats, doors linings and center armrest. Its thick A-Spec sport steering wheel is adorned in dimpled black leather with red stitching and metal-finished paddle shifters, complemented by a red illuminated meter and A-Spec floormats. An individually numbered serial plaque on the lower console designates the 2020 MDX PMC Edition as a limited edition vehicle handcrafted at Acura’s Performance Manufacturing Center.
Following the hand-assembly process, each MDX PMC Edition receives the same quality control process as NSX, including a dyno check, paint inspection, rough-road simulation and water leak test. To protect the paint during shipping, the PMC Edition is wrapped in a specially designed car cover and transported to Acura dealers via enclosed, single-car carriers.
For more details on Acura’s PMC Edition vehicles, visit: AcuraNews.com
2020 MDX PMC Edition U.S. Feature Summary
Exclusive to MDX PMC Edition
- Valencia Red Pearl nano pigment paint
- Unique PMC Edition numbered serial plaque
- Gloss black 20-inch split-10-spoke wheels with black lug nuts
- Gloss black roof panel
- Gloss black roof antenna
- Gloss black exterior mirrors
- Gloss black door handles
- Gloss black Diamond Pentagon grille with body color grille surround
- Dual 4-inch black chrome exhaust finishers
- Gloss black wheel center caps (Chrome A-Mark)
- Premium black Milano leather seats with Alcantara™ inserts, black piping and red stitching
- Dimpled leather-wrapped steering wheel with red stitching
- Metal-finished paddle shifters
- Red stitched door panels, center console, headrests and front center armrest
- Premium floormats with metal A-Spec badging
- A-Spec exterior and interior sport appearance package
- Jewel-Eye LED headlights, LED fog lights, LED puddle lights
- Heated and ventilated front seats, heated outboard second-row seats, heated steering wheel
- Active Damper System
- Second row captain’s chairs and second row sunshades
- Acura ELS Studio™ premium audio system with 10 speakers
- Acura embedded Navigation System with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ integration, AcuraLink®, Color Multi-Information Display (MID) with Turn-by-Turn Guidance
- GPS-Linked Climate Control
- Power folding door mirrors with auto-dimming
- Front and rear parking sensors, rain-sensing windshield wipers, blind spot information (BSI) system, rear cross traffic monitor, surround-view camera system
- AcuraWatch™ suite of safety and driver assistive technologies
Acura delivers Precision Crafted Performance – a commitment to evocative styling, high performance and innovative engineering, all built on a foundation of exceptional quality and reliability. The Acura lineup features six distinctive models – the RLX premium luxury sedan, the TLX performance luxury sedan, the ILX sport sedan, the five-passenger RDX luxury crossover SUV, the seven-passenger Acura MDX, America's all-time best-selling three-row luxury SUV, and the next-generation, electrified NSX supercar.
Five of the six Acura models sold in North America are made in central Ohio, using domestic and globally-sourced parts, including the ILX and TLX luxury sports sedans (Marysville Auto Plant), the RDX and MDX luxury SUVs (East Liberty Auto Plant) and the Acura NSX supercar, which is built to order at the Performance Manufacturing Center in Marysville, Ohio.
Additional media information including pricing, features & specifications and high-resolution photography is available at AcuraNews.com. Consumer information is available at Acura.com. Follow Acura on social media at Acura.us/SocialChannels.
# # #
1. Using domestic and globally sourced parts
2. Canadian vehicles will feature a distinct spec