- "Chiaki's Journey" has been recognized with a Gold Effie and Grand Effie Contender at The U.S. Effie Awards honoring the most effective marketing efforts each year
- First season of Chiaki's Journey introduced Acura's line of Type S performance vehicles
Acura has been honored with a Gold Effie award and a Grand Effie Contender for the first season of its original and entertaining anime series "Chiaki's Journey". The Effie award-winning first season of "Chiaki's Journey" introduced Acura's all-new line of Type S performance vehicles with impassioned storytelling and authentic characters inspired by Acura's unrelenting passion for performance, both on the road and the racetrack.
The premiere season of "Chiaki's Journey" has been viewed nearly 280 million times, making it Acura's most successfully viewed campaign to date. The campaign also has been successful in connecting the performance brand with next-generation premium car buyers while lifting consideration metrics and helping boost sales of the TLX Type S and MDX Type S models.
A new second season of the anime series debuted this spring, adding even more emotion and adventure to the high-speed challenges facing Chiaki, while delving deeper into the young heroine's origin story and her father Ichiro's mysterious past.
"Acura is honored to receive an Effie for Chiaki's Journey, a series that continues to show the next generation of driving enthusiasts what our brand stands for," said Meliza Humphrey, Senior Manager of Acura Marketing. "As Chiaki and her adventures continue we're proud to share this award with our partners, MullenLowe – our creative agency – and The Line Animation, who understand Acura's passion for motorsports and storytelling."
The U.S. Effie Awards honor the most effective marketing efforts of the year. The Effie Awards are known by advertisers and agencies globally as the pre-eminent award in the industry and recognize all forms of marketing that contribute to a brand's success. Since 1968, winning an Effie has become a global symbol of achievement in the industry. After two rounds of judging, the selected winners represent creative that most effectively solved a marketing challenge, connected with the target audience and achieved successful results.
Acura's Type S lineup of performance vehicles offer driving enthusiasts a dynamic driving experience with higher power, improved handling and stronger braking. The Acura Type S lineup includes:
- The all-new 2024 Integra Type S, the most powerful, best performing Integra ever, delivers a new interpretation of ultimate street performance for a new generation of enthusiast drivers and arrives at Acura dealerships later this month.
- The 2023 MDX Type S is a high-performance version of the brand's flagship 3-row SUV and most powerful, best handling and most lavishly equipped Acura SUV ever.
- The 2023 TLX Type S, the best performing all-wheel drive Acura sedan ever, caters to spirited driving enthusiasts featuring Acura's 3.0-liter Turbo V6 engine and standard SH-AWD®.
More information on Acura Type S products and history can be found here.
Acura is a leading automotive nameplate that delivers Precision Crafted Performance – a commitment to expressive styling, high-performance and innovative engineering, all built on a foundation of quality and reliability. The Acura lineup currently features four distinctive models – the next-gen Integra sport compact, TLX sport sedan, the RDX and MDX sport-utility vehicles, along with high-performance Type S variants. Acura's first all-electric model, the ZDX and ZDX Type S performance SUVs, will arrive in 2024. All Acura vehicles sold in America are made in the U.S., using domestic and globally sourced parts.
# # #