Acura's two best-selling models, the MDX and RDX, have been named as 2020 Best Family Luxury Cars by Parents magazine.
- The 2020 Acura MDX, America's best-selling 3-row luxury SUV of all-time1, recently surpassed total sales of 1 million units and is Acura's best-selling model of all-time.
- The third-generation 2020 RDX, completely redesigned for the 2019 model year, is the #1 retail model in its luxury segment, the #2 luxury SUV in America, and the #3 luxury vehicle overall since going on-sale in 20182.
- Both Acura MDX and RDX also are leaders in luxury as the #2 and #3 SUVs in retail sales to under-35-year-old buyers since 2012.
Winners of the Best Family Luxury Cars award are determined by evaluations conducted by Parents certified child passenger safety technician and an automotive expert, along with the crash-test ratings of the vehicle. The vehicles receiving this award are those that have high safety performance and fun for families to drive. The full list of winners will be published in the May 2020 issue of Parents.
Acura is a leading automotive luxury nameplate that delivers Precision Crafted Performance – a commitment to evocative styling, high performance and innovative engineering, all built on a foundation of quality and reliability. The Acura lineup features six distinctive models – the RLX premium luxury sedan, the TLX performance luxury sedan, the ILX sport sedan, the five-passenger RDX luxury crossover SUV, the seven-passenger Acura MDX, America's all-time best-selling three-row luxury SUV, and the next-generation, electrified NSX supercar.
Five of the six Acura models sold in North America are made in central Ohio, using domestic and globally-sourced parts, including the ILX and TLX luxury sports sedans (Marysville Auto Plant), the RDX and MDX luxury SUVs (East Liberty Auto Plant) and the Acura NSX supercar, which is built to order at the Performance Manufacturing Center in Marysville, Ohio.
Additional media information including pricing, features & specifications and high-resolution photography is available at AcuraNews.com. Consumer information is available at Acura.com. Click here to follow Acura on our social media channels.
# # #
1. Based on Motor Intelligence total sales data for all 3-row luxury SUVs 1980-2020CYTD Feb.
2. Based on Urban Science DataHub™ retail sales data Jun. 2018-Feb. 2020.