Powersports / Motorcycles / Sport
2013 Honda VFR1200F - Features and Benefits
The VFR1200F embodies a futuristic sport motorcycle created for the sheer joy of riding. Packed with loads of advanced technology developed for the world of MotoGP racing and created with Honda-style innovation, the VFR1200F has written a whole new chapter in the lore of Honda V-4 machines. Innovations such as Traction Control and an optional second-generation Dual Clutch Transmission make this bike the standard-bearer for forward-thinking technology in motorcycles. Yet at the same time, there are still plenty of qualities such as an impressively strong engine, excellent rider accommodations and surprising fuel efficiency that make the VFR1200F the perfect ride, here and now.
New for 2013
- Available in Metallic Black.
- Honda MotoGP V-4 engine technology and architecture bring cutting-edge performance to the VFR1200F.
- Unique cylinder layout with rear two cylinders located innermost on the crankshaft and front cylinders located outboard narrows the rider interface aboard the VFR1200F.
- Throttle By Wire for next-generation throttle response.
- Honda Traction Control system helps the rear wheel put power to the ground effectively and efficiently by automatically limiting wheelspin.
- Optional Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) featuring manual mode and automatic mode with D and S modes and paddle-style shifters offers unparalleled freedom through innovative technology.
- Next-generation shaft drive system with offset pivot point and sliding constant-velocity joint for a new level of shaft-drive performance and control.
- Light and compact 1237cc liquid-cooled 76-degree V-4 pumps out amazing levels of power with a distinctive V-4 feel and sound.
- Symmetrically Coupled Phase-shift Crankshaft uses 28-degree crankpin offset to eliminate primary engine vibration without the need for a balance shaft, resulting in a lighter, more compact engine.
- Asymmetrical exhaust lengths between front and rear cylinders boost power production and enhance power feel.
- A unique firing order of 104 degrees-256 degrees-104 degrees-256 degrees between cylinder firings highlights the distinctive V-4 beat in the VFR1200F.
- Lightweight and compact Unicam® valvetrain allows for significantly smaller cylinder heads. A single overhead camshaft directly actuates two intake valves per cylinder while integrating roller rocker arms with screw-type adjusters to actuate two exhaust valves per cylinder.
- Honda slipper clutch in manual-shift model allows unencumbered sport riding.
- Throttle By Wire system is more compact and lighter than conventional cable-operated systems and provides precise throttle repsonse to rider inputs. End benefits are an unprecedented level of control and feel through the throttle that heightens the riding experience.
- The Dual Clutch Transmission configuration employs independent clutches for odd-numbered gears (1st, 3rd, 5th) and even-numbered gears (2nd, 4th, 6th), respectively. The two clutches operate alternately to effect gear changes, a fast and efficient transition that delivers extremely smooth shifts.
- The VFR1200F's transmission employs dual concentric input shafts (one shaft runs inside the other hollow shaft), an exclusive inline clutch design, and concentration of hydraulic circuitry beneath the engine cover to achieve a compact design.
- A sealed crankcase system maintains mild negative pressure to
minimize mechanical pumping or windage power losses. This system also provides the advantages of a dry sump design (decreased oil churning losses) without the separate oil tank.
- Four dampers within the engine and drivetrain work in concert to create smooth power delivery while maintaining that connected feel between the throttle and contact patch.
- GP-technology layer-concept aero fairing for unrivaled air management. Air entering between the layers and through two oval-shaped spaces in the front of the fairing is channeled to enhance the bike's handling at higher speeds and cool the engine, and air is also deflected around the rider's legs for a cooler, more comfortable ride.
- Honda Pro Arm® single-side swingarm with single gas-charged shock delivers cutting-edge rear suspension action, and features handy remote spring preload adjuster, rebound damping adjustability and 5.1 inches of travel.
- The Pro Arm swingarm is placed within a wide-span frame swingarm pivot area for increased chassis rigidity, and the swingarm pivot sits in an offset position above the driveshaft. This allows a wider swingarm pivot/frame mounting structure resulting in greater strength and rigidity.
- Stout, sport-oriented 43mm inverted cartridge fork with spring preload and rebound damping adjustability and 4.3 inches of travel.
- Powerful new six-piston front calipers squeeze on large 320mm full-floating discs, and the twin-piston rear caliper works against a 276mm disc. Honda's Combined Braking System (CBS) assists in distributing front and rear braking forces.
- New controls with smoother and more precise tactile feel enhance the riding experience.
- New-technology seat construction permits a higher level of seat shaping and forming details.
- A large, sporty analog tachometer and a digital speedometer are surrounded by LCD readouts that include instantaneous fuel consumption, average fuel consumption and remaining range. The display also includes a clock, ambient temperature display, Traction Control System activation (On/Off) and ABS indicator.
- Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Honda Genuine Accessories†
- 29L Saddlebag Kit, 31L Top Box with quick-detach mounting system, Nylon Inner Bags, 7L Tank Bag, Sporty three-position adjustable Add-On Screen that integrates with standard windscreen to extend wind protection, Heated Grips, Replacement Lower Seat with narrow profile which provides easier reach to the ground for shorter riders while maintaining the bike's carefully designed ergonomics, Rear Tire Hugger, Centerstand, Wind Deflector Set
† WARRANTY: Because we're so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Genuine Accessories, we're pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.