Powersports / Motorcycles / Motocross / CRF150R / Features
2012 CRF150RB-Expert/CRF150R Features & Benefits
Look at the 2012 CRF150R/RB and you can tell by its new racing-style graphics it’s an integral part of the CRF® MX racing family. And as good-looking as it might be, the CRF150R’s racing credentials run even stronger. Thanks to a new cylinder head, piston, camshaft and carburetor, this 2012 model boasts improved power, torque and rideability throughout the powerband. Updated suspension settings front and rear produce improved action through even the toughest of track conditions, all of which reinforce the CRF150R’s premier position in racing circles.
New for 2012
- New cylinder head, piston, camshaft and carburetor improve power, torque and rideability throughout the powerband.
- New 32mm Keihin FCR carburetor with an improved accelerator-pump circuit provides more accurate fuel metering, resulting in crisp throttle response and improved rideability throughout the powerband.
- Revised suspension settings front and rear produce improved action through even the toughest of track conditions.
- New racing-style graphics match the newest CRF450R and CRF250R MX machines.
- High-performance Unicam® cylinder head design.
- Lightweight, compact, internal auto decompression and handlebar-mounted hot-start system provide easy starting, hot or cold.
- Compact, lightweight engine assembly weighs only 43.6 pounds.
- Twin-sump lubrication system separates the oil supply for the crankshaft, piston and valve train from the clutch and transmission. This ensures a cool supply of oil to the clutch, eliminates potential clutch and transmission material contamination of the engine oil, reduces the amount of circulating oil and permits the use of a smaller oil pump.
- Exhaust system uses a lightweight stainless-steel exhaust header and repackable aluminum muffler.
- Durable close-ratio five-speed transmission.
- Front and rear suspension settings unique to the CRF150R deliver ideal bump-absorption characteristics.
- Lightweight, high-tensile steel frame with large-diameter frame tubing and cross-member provides excellent turning performance and straight-line tracking.
- 37mm leading-axle inverted Showa cartridge front fork features friction-reducing design to improve compression and rebound control.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension.
- Strong, lightweight wheels are durable and minimize unsprung weight.
- Lightweight front and rear disc brakes with high-performance pads offer powerful, precise braking.
- Stout 15mm front and 17mm rear axles incorporate a surface-treatment for added strength and durability.
- Large-capacity airbox and reusable two-stage foam air filter.
- Lightweight plastic body components (radiator shroud, sidecovers, rear fender, seat base, fuel tank, front fender and front number plate) offer a slim, aggressive style.
- High-quality Dunlop tires.
- HRC works-type rear-brake system integrates the rear master cylinder and fluid reservoir, eliminating the separate rear master-cylinder reservoir and hose.