Powersports / Motorcycles / Enduro / XR650R
2007 Honda XR650R- Features & Benefits
With dozens of championships to its credit, the XR650R is the undisputed king
of the desert, thanks to its lightweight aluminum frame, race-bred suspension
and massively powerful liquid-cooled engine.
New for 2007
- Honda Racing™-inspired graphics.
- Liquid-cooled four-valve SOHC 649cc provides maximum power while maintaining Honda's legendary dependability and simplicity.
- Compact, lightweight engine weighs only 88 pounds.
- Dry-sump oiling system includes an in-chassis oil tank for optimum cooling and efficiency.
- Unique engine design separates crankshaft and generator rotor from engine oil that causes windage resistance, allowing for a freer-revving engine.
- Nikasil cylinder lining is lightweight and provides cooler and quieter operation for extended engine life.
- 37mm intake valves and 32mm exhaust valves provide maximum engine efficiency.
- Automatic decompression starting system with handlebar-mounted compression release for easy starts.
- 40mm carburetor features crisp response and excellent rideability.
- CD ignition with electronic advance.
- Gear-driven counterbalancer for engine smoothness.
- Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioner.
- Dual aluminum radiators for optimum cooling and maximum performance.
- Free-flowing two-into-one stainless steel headpipes are lightweight and durable.
- Primary kickstarting allows quick start-up in any gear.
- Extended kickstart lever allows a slow, strong kick to spin the engine quickly for predictable, accurate starts.
- Lightweight magnesium clutch cover provides easy access for maintenance.
- Easy-shifting five-speed transmission.
- Aluminum frame combines optimum rigidity and balance with maximum strength and durability.
- Removable subframe is also aluminum.
- Main frame incorporates engine oil tank with easy-to-use dipstick.
- Tapered roller steering head bearings maintain precise steering action.
- 46mm Kayaba cartridge fork with compression and rebound damping adjustability.
- Minimal fork protrusion below the axle increases clearance in ruts.
- Tapered aluminum swingarm is lightweight and strong.
- Swingarm pivot is combined with rear engine mount for compactness, light weight and an overall reduction in the number of components.
- 44mm fully adjustable long-travel Kayaba piggyback rear shock absorber.
- Twin-piston front and single-piston rear calipers squeeze large 240mm stainless steel rotors for excellent stopping power.
- CR®250R front master cylinder ensures excellent brake feel and stopping power.
- Lightweight hubs, aluminum rims and straight-pull spokes.
- Large-diameter rear axle for improved rear wheel tracking.
- Comfortable seat allows easy rider movement.
- Large, durable fenders provide excellent protection from the elements.
- Enduro-style headlight and taillight.
- Compact, lightweight integrated headlight/number plate.
- One-piece high-impact plastic skid-plate protects underside of engine cases, water pump and hoses.
- Resettable, easy-to-read three-digit competition odometer.
- High-quality controls include comfortable grips and dogleg levers with brush guards.
- Unique manual compression-release lever is mounted on top of clutch lever.
- Light-effort throttle and clutch pull reduce rider fatigue.
- Wide-section folding, cleated footpegs are comfortable and self-cleaning.
- Aluminum shift lever with folding tip.
- Aluminum rear brake pedal.
- Easy access to the reusable large foam air filter.
- Large-volume, USDA-qualified spark arrester/ muffler for maximum power.
- Transferable six-month limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include online access to the Honda Common Service Manual, six issues of the bimonthly Honda Red Rider™ magazine, travel discounts, trip routing, MSF reimbursement, plus access to the HRCA Web site (www.hrca.honda.com). Look for the HRCA support team at select off-road events across the country. For details on the HRCA, dealers should call (310) 783-3958, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Optional HRC Power-Up Kit, for closed-course use only; increases peak horsepower and provides broad additional power throughout the rpm range.