Powersports / Motorcycles / Dual Purpose
2008 Honda XR650L Features & Benefits
For those who refuse to stop at the pavement's end, the venerable electric-start XR650L can extend your motorcycle adventure to roads less traveled--be they dirt roads, trails or forgotten byways--in proven dual-sport style.
- Bulletproof 644cc SOHC four-stroke engine produces power and torque ideally suited for both on- and off-road riding.
- -Radial Four-Valve Combustion Chamber (RFVC) allows excellent combustion efficiency and high power output.
- 42.5mm constant-velocity (CV) carburetor offers crisp throttle response, excellent driveability and maximum power.
- Reliable electric starter system allows easy push-button starting.
- Gear-driven counterbalancer minimizes bothersome and tiring vibration.
- Free-flowing, two-into-one exhaust system with quiet, USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler.
- Maintenance-free automatic cam chain tensioner and solid-state CD ignition with electronic advance keep you out of the shop and on the road.
- Dry-sump engine maximizes power by minimizing crankshaft windage and engine temperature.
- Durable five-speed transmission offers a gear for every on- or off-road situation.
- Heavy-duty, multi-plate clutch.
- Heavy-duty, low-maintenance #520 O-ring-sealed drive chain.
- Semi-double-cradle steel frame is lightweight, strong and offers precise handling manners.
- 43mm XR™-spec Showa cartridge fork features 16-position compression damping adjustability and superb off-road performance.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension (see Technology Section)
- Lightweight, strong and durable aluminum box-section swingarm with quick-detach rear wheel.
- Front and rear disc brakes offer superb stopping power.
- Lightweight yet super-strong wheels.
- Frame-mounted passenger footrests allow two-up riding capability.
- Aggressive, dual-purpose front and rear tires offer excellent performance both on and off road.
- 18-inch rear wheel for greater tire selection.
- Lightweight rims and hubs feature straight-pull spokes.
- Honda Racing-inspired colors and graphics.
- Combination headlight/number plate and dual airflow shrouds direct cool air to the engine.
- Enduro-style headlight features high/low beams.
- Motocross-style seat is comfortable and allows maximum rider movement.
- Large, durable fenders keep debris off the rider.
- Lightweight tubular engine guard.
- Wide-section folding, cleated footpegs are comfortable and self-cleaning.
- High-output 12-volt electrical system.
- Flex-mounted turn signals resist breakage.
- Compact speedometer features tripmeter/odometer, a neutral light as well as high-beam, turn-signal and sidestand indicators.
- Easy-to-use choke allows for simple cold-weather starts.
- Push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
- High-quality controls include comfortable grips and brush guards.
- Convenient helmet lock and rear-fender-mounted tool kit are standard equipment.
- Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.