Powersports / Motorcycles / Adventure
2012 NC700X / NC700X with DCT and Combined ABS - Features & Benefits
Check out the 2012 Honda NC700X, and what do you see? An adventure-style bike? An urban assault commuter? A country road explorer? A two-up getaway machine? Or perhaps all of the above? Whatever your personal vision of the NC700X may be, color it fun because this is one bike that offers a perfect blend of style, handling and power for tackling whatever the day’s agenda may hold. Credit its long-travel suspension, abundant torque and more, plus a six-speed gearbox or the choice of an automatic Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) with a Combined Antilock Braking System. So whether you’re new to the sport, a longtime rider or just getting back into the riding scene, the NC700X offers the comfort, ease of use and practicality of an everyday motorcycle that’s also surprisingly affordable.
Features & Benefits
- All-new liquid-cooled eight-valve 670cc parallel-twin engine pumps out plenty of torque in the low-end and midrange for easily accessible power.
- The impressively broad torque curve gives the NC700X an extraordinarily linear and smooth power delivery.
- Purpose-built engine architecture with a relatively long engine stroke (80mm combined with a 73mm bore diameter) and a high-inertia crankshaft add to the NC700X’s extremely tractable power characteristics.
- The 62-degree forward lean given to the cylinder assembly facilitates near-vertical mounting of the single 36mm throttle body for superior intake port positioning and shaping. In addition, special shaping to the combustion chambers further enhances engine combustion efficiency for clean burning and optimal power production.
- Engine balancer shaft quells vibration for smooth, comfortable operation.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors numerous variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture for existing riding and atmospheric conditions, thereby delivering optimal performance and remarkably crisp throttle response over a wide range of operating conditions.
- NC700X features manual six-speed transmission.
- NC700XD DCT/ABS features a second-generation automatic six-speed Honda Dual Clutch Transmission that uses two hydraulically controlled clutches to deliver quick and smooth gear changes in a choice of three modes: Manual (MT), which allows the rider to shift gears using buttons, and two automatic (AT) modes—S for sport riding and D for everyday use.
- DCT model also features Honda Combined ABS to provide full antilock functionality for powerful and secure braking action.
- Fuel tank located under the seat contributes to mass centralization and a low center of gravity, making the NC700X feel remarkably light.
- Large 21-liter secure internal storage area (positioned where the fuel tank typically rests in other models) accepts a helmet or other gear for added versatility.
- Fuel capacity of 3.7 gallons gives the NC700X a cruising range of nearly 240 miles.
- A rigid and compact diamond-shape steel frame, low center of gravity plus long-travel suspension help make the NC700X delightfully responsive and agile.
- Brawny 41mm front fork provides a full 5.4 inches of travel, while the Pro-Link® rear suspension system delivers an impressive 5.9 inches of wheel travel.
- Open, roomy ergonomics position the rider in a well-balanced seating position for all-day comfort.
- Modern adventure-bike styling gives the NC700X the look of an urban assault commuter as well as a country road explorer.
- Windscreen and bodywork route wind around the rider, adding to comfort and reducing fatigue.
- A large array of available accessories allows owners to add just the right combination of capabilities to suit individual preferences and expand their adventure.
Honda Genuine Accessories
- 45-Liter Rear Trunk, Rear Trunk Liner, 29-Liter Saddlebags, Saddlebag Liner Set, Saddlebag Panel Kit, Windscreen (High), Rear Carrier, Front Side Cowl Panel, Foot Deflector Kit, Leg Deflector Kit, Front Accent Pipe, Heated Grips, 12V DC Socket Kit, Centerstand (Final accessories are TBD and are subject to change without notice)
† WARRANTY: Because we’re so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Genuine Accessories, we’re pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.