Powersports / ATV / Utility
2012 Honda FourTrax Foreman 4x4/FourTrax Foreman 4x4 with Electric Power Steering Features and Benefits
For 2012, the FourTrax® Foreman® line of 4x4 ATVs boasts a brand-new engine plus a re-engineered chassis featuring a new single-shock rear-suspension system—upgrades that make this brawny ranch hand tougher than ever, whether the day calls for nonstop work or a pleasant weekend ride up to that special fishing stream. Now equipped with an all-new and sophisticated liquid-cooled 475cc single-cylinder OHV four-stroke engine, the Foreman also features a new Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) system with 36mm throttle body for near instant throttle response, consistent performance at high altitude, and hassle-free cold-weather starting. The all-new, stronger rear suspension system incorporates a high-quality shock for increased comfort, precision and work capabilities. Also, a shorter wheelbase aids agile handling and helps produce a tighter turning radius. Add in all-new styling with a rugged and tough look and you’ll see why with credentials like this, the Foreman is the perfect way to lighten the day’s work or whisk you away on a day-ride adventure.
New for 2012
- All-new liquid-cooled 475cc single-cylinder OHV four-stroke engine with a higher compression ratio delivers plenty of hard-working power.
- New Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) system features a 36mm throttle body and provides near instant throttle response, consistent performance at high altitude, and hassle-free cold-weather starting.
- All-new rear suspension system combines a new steel swingarm design with a high-quality shock absorber to produce 6.9 inches of supple, well-controlled travel.
- New, larger 196mm dual front hydraulic disc brakes.
- New multi-function LCD digital meter is compact, tough and waterproof, and features large readouts for fuel gauge, gear position, speedometer, odometer, tripmeter, hourmeter and oil change reminder. Meter housing includes LED lights for Reverse, Neutral, oil temperature and front differential indicator.
- New body styling with a tough, rugged and more aggressive look featuring large oversized fenders front and rear for exceptional mud and splash protection.
- Revolutionary Electric Power Steering (EPS).
- TraxLok® selectable 2WD/4WD system.
- Large cargo racks front and rear allow payloads of 66 and 133 pounds, respectively and feature an improved design for easier lashing of cargo.
- Heavy-duty trailer hitch with towing capacity of 850 pounds.
- Unique, rear-opening storage compartment allows access when rack is loaded.
- Waterproof accessory socket provides 12-volt, 10-amp power with a built-in fuse.
- Water-resistant left-side glove-box compartment.
- Triple headlight system with single 45-watt upper light and dual 30-watt lower lights with multi-reflector lenses for optimal light distribution plus an LED brake light/taillight.
- Uniquely designed floorboards allow the rider’s feet to grip the footrests while keeping mud and debris away.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Liquid-cooled 475cc single-cylinder OHV four-stroke engine is longitudinally mounted in the frame allowing direct driveshaft alignment to front and rear wheels for improved drivetrain efficiency.
- USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler is constructed of stainless steel.
- Super-heavy-duty automatic clutch for excellent driveability and towing capacity.
- Rugged five-speed transmission with Reverse.
- Maintenance-free shaft drive with torque-sensing front differential routes power directly from the longitudinally mounted engine without inefficient directional changes.
- Powerful 416-watt AC generator.
- New pre-filled GYZ16H 16-Ah battery.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension uses new, high-quality shock absorbers to provide 6.7 inches of supple travel while a new steel swingarm design produces 6.9 inches of rear wheel travel.
- Large 196mm dual front hydraulic disc brakes and sealed 180mm mechanical rear drum.
- Dual front disc-brake calipers feature a patented built-in scraper system to remove mud and snow from inside the front wheel to help prevent buildup between caliper and rim to ensure consistent braking performance.
- Brake pads feature thick, long-wear material with improved mud durability, feel and control. Pads have an internal scraper that gives audible warning when pad life is low.
Honda Genuine Accessories*
- Winch Kit, Cargo Boxes (Front/Rear), Soft Rack Bags (Front/Rear), Fender Bag, Frame Skid Plate, Front A-Arm Guards, Rear Swingarm Guard, Auxiliary Light Interupt Switch, Recoil Starter Kit, Storage Cover
*WARRANTY: Because we’re so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Genuine accessories, we’re pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.