Powersports / ATV / Utility / FourTrax Rancher AT
2012 FourTrax Rancher AT/FourTrax Rancher AT with Electric Power Steering Features & Benefits
The FourTrax® Rancher® 4x4 AT carries an impressive blend of innovation, sophistication and hard-working credentials that make it stand out as one of the best picks in the world of ATVs. Riders have the option of choosing between fully automatic transmission operation and an Electric Shift Program (ESP®) mode that allows for easy push-button shifts on command. Also in the mix are an independent rear suspension, selectable 4WD/2WD TraxLok® and a rugged torque-sensitive front differential, plus the option of Electric Power Steering (EPS)--all of which make the FourTrax Rancher 4x4 AT a genuine superstar in the world of off-road riding.
New for 2012
- New Black wheels on Olive models.
- Multi-function LCD digital instrumentation is compact, tough and waterproof, featuring large readouts for gear position, speedometer, odometer, resettable tripmeter and hour meter. Instrument housing includes indicator lights for Reverse, Neutral, water temperature, PGM-FI, 4WD and Power Steering (for EPS model).
- Large cargo racks front and rear carry payloads of 66 and 133 pounds, respectively.
- Heavy-duty trailer hitch with 850-pound towing capacity.
- Unique rear-opening storage compartment allows access when rack is loaded.
- Twin-headlight system with 30-watt bulbs features multi-reflector lenses for optimal light distribution.
- High-visibility, long-life LED brake light and taillight.
- Optional waterproof accessory socket provides 12-volt, 10-amp power with a built-in temperature-type fuse.
- Specially designed floorboards allow the rider's feet to grip the footrests while helping keep away mud and debris.
- Full-length synthetic lower skid plate with integrated front brush guard.
- Stainless-steel exhaust system includes a USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler designed for quiet operation without servicing for long-lasting performance.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Rugged OHV liquid-cooled fuel-injected 420cc longitudinally mounted engine allows direct driveshaft alignment to both front and rear wheels for maximum drivetrain efficiency.
- Overhead-valve engine design provides compact engine dimensions for excellent ground clearance.
- High-capacity oil system features a high-flow filter and a two-rotor pump to provide oil for the engine and the pressurized transmission clutches.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) system provides crisp performance, excellent economy and trouble-free operation in cold conditions and varying altitudes.
- Lightweight, automatic transmission offers five-speed auto shifting or pushbutton manual shifting with Honda's Electric Shift Program (ESP). After the heavy-duty centrifugal clutch engages, two Electronic Control Module (ECM)-controlled clutches mounted in the gearbox upshift/ downshift to provide smooth, lurch-free shifts. When descending hills in automatic mode, the transmission downshifts, providing excellent engine braking.
- If rider forgets to downshift when stopping in ESP mode, the transmission downshifts to Third gear to prevent engine lugging.
- Excellent fuel economy results from the transmission's high efficiency.
- TraxLok 4WD/2WD selector lever allows 4WD or 2WD operation.
- Large 7.2-liter airbox with washable, reusable foam air filter provides more air to the engine for increased performance.
- Powerful 371-watt AC generator.
- Honda's double-wishbone Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) provides 6.3 inches of wheel travel and minimizes geometry variations as the suspension travels through its stroke, maintaining rear wheel alignment, contributing to responsive overall handling and reducing tire wear and maintenance intervals.
- Revolutionary Electric Power Steering (EPS)--EPS model only.
- Dual hydraulic front and single rear disc brakes provide exceptional stopping power and feature brake pads that minimize wear from dust and sand.
- Rear center disc brake and self-adjusting mechanical rear parking brake are mounted on the rear driveshaft, contributing to the AT's considerable ground clearance.
Honda Genuine Accessories*
- Flag Kit, Recoil Starter, 12-Volt Accessory Socket
* WARRANTY: Because we're so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Genuine accessories, we're pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.