Powersports / ATV / Utility / FourTrax Rancher AT
2007 Honda FourTrax Rancher AT/FourTrax Rancher AT GPSCAPE Features
The world's best all-around ATV includes a strong 397cc engine, plus Honda's renowned automatic transmission--and you can even include an integrated GPS system as well.
Features & Benefits
New for 2007
- New Blue color joins Red and Olive on the TRX™400FA.
- Powerful 397cc air-cooled OHV four-stroke engine uses Honda's proven longitudinal-mounting system for superior drivetrain efficiency.
- SUV styling for a rugged, adventurous look.
- GPScape® model features GPS unit with easy-to-read LCD display. GPScape is contained within the standard meter assembly and features storage for up to 100 waypoints, digital-compass function indicating travel direction and an automatic compensating clock. When traveling or returning to a designated waypoint, GPScape will tell the rider distance and direction from present location.
- Powerful, rugged 397cc OHV air-cooled longitudinally mounted engine eliminates 90-degree power transfers and allows direct driveshaft alignment to both front and rear wheels for improved drivetrain efficiency.
- Overhead-valve design provides compact engine dimensions for improved ground clearance, while maintaining a broad, easy-to-use powerband.
- Unique dry-sump oiling system places the oil tank inside the engine cases, lowering engine height and allowing optimum engine placement for excellent ground clearance and superb handling.
- Engine design produces low emissions and meets California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
- Integral 20-watt electric carburetor heater improves driveability, ensures smooth operation and provides dependable starting in cold conditions.
- CD ignition with electronic advance for excellent performance and reliability.
- Rubber-cushion engine mounting and gear-driven counterbalancer reduce vibration.
- Standard oil cooler with cooling fan ensures optimal engine lubrication under difficult operating conditions.
- Closed crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
- Convenient electric starting with auxiliary recoil starter and an automatic internal decompression system.
- Stainless-steel exhaust header and muffler for superior corrosion resistance.
- Powerful 322-watt AC generator.
- Reusable foam air filter.
- Traxlok® system for convenient selection of 2WD or 4WD depending on the conditions.
- Torque-sensitive front differential reduces torque steer for less steering effort.
- The Hondamatic automatic transmission utilizes variable hydraulic pressure and mechanical torque amplification to provide seamless power delivery and excellent acceleration. Engine power drives a hydraulic pump. The pump, in turn, drives a hydraulic motor with variable fluid capacity. Utilizing pump and motor pistons and a variable-pitch motor-side-swash plate, hydraulic capacity and pressure are varied, producing continuously variable output speed. In addition, torque is increased as output-shaft speed is reduced.
- The Hondamatic is fully sealed, compact and maintenance-free, with no belts to wear out and replace.
- The Hondamatic features true engine braking, unlike conventional belt-drive designs.
- Honda's exclusive Electric Shift Program (ESP™) allows the rider the option to "shift" the Hondamatic with the touch of a thumb using two push buttons mounted on the left handlebar.
- Rugged frame and suspension provide 7.2 inches of ground clearance.
- Steering-mechanism design features light effort and a tight turning radius of 10.8 feet.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension uses premium shock absorbers to provide 5.9 inches of suspension travel for a plush, comfortable ride.
- Steel swingarm and single rear shock absorber provide 5.9 inches of suspension travel for superb comfort and compliance.
- Triple-sealed front hydraulic drum brakes and sealed mechanical rear drum.
- Tough, large-diameter 24x8-12 front and
24x10-11 rear tires provide excellent ground clearance while maintaining precise handling.
- Multifunction LCD digital instrumentation that is compact, tough and waterproof, featuring large readouts for gear position, speedometer, odometer, resettable tripmeter and hourmeter/ clock. Instrument housing includes indicator lights for Reverse, Neutral, oil-temperature warning and Traxlok selection.
- Waterproof accessory socket provides 12-volt, 10-amp power with a built-in temperature-type fuse.
- Large cargo racks front and rear carry payloads of 66 and 133 pounds, respectively.
- Heavy-duty trailer hitch with 850-pound towing capacity.
- Large, lightweight plastic fuel tank with 3.8-gallon capacity.
- Fuel gauge is standard equipment.
- Snorkel-type air intake system is specially designed for water crossings.
- Unique Honda-designed floorboards allow the rider's feet to grip the footrests, while keeping mud and debris away.
- Unique rear-opening storage compartment allows access when rack is loaded.
- Combination tail- and brakelight.
- Thickly padded seat provides all-day comfort.
- Standard over-fenders give excellent mud protection.
- Twin-headlight system with 30-watt bulbs features multireflector lenses for optimal light distribution.
- USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler.
- Constant-velocity-joint boot guards help prevent damage to boot covers.
- Tough 12-amp-hour maintenance-free battery.
- Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use controls.
- Keyed ignition switch for added security.
- Tough engine skidplate for underside engine protection.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Top-mounted choke lever for simple operation.
- Handlebar switches, controls and warning labels feature easy-to-understand graphic symbols.
- Standard tool kit includes a tire-pressure gauge.
- GVWR is 1068 pounds.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable six-month limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda ATV by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America® (HRCA®). Benefits include online access to the Honda Common Service Manual, six issues of the bimonthly Honda Red Rider™ magazine, travel discounts and trip routing, plus access to the HRCA Web site (www.hrca.honda.com). Look for the HRCA support team at select off-road events across the country. For details on the HRCA, dealers should call (310) 783-3958, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Flag Kit.