Powersports / ATV / Utility / FourTrax Foreman Rubicon
2006 FourTrax Foreman Rubicon/FourTrax Foreman Rubicon GPScape Features
05/31/2005 - Torrance, Calif.
One of Honda's most popular ATVs, the FourTrax Foreman Rubicon is loaded with features, including optional GPScape, Traxlok 2WD/4WD system, automatic transmission, front disc brakes and progressive styling.Email a Friend
Features & Benefits
New for 2006
- New Black color joins Red, Yellow and Olive on the TRX™500FA.
- GPScape™ model features GPS unit with easy-to-read LCD display. GPScape is contained within the standard meter assembly and features storage for up to 100 waypoints, digital compass function indicating travel direction and an automatic compensating clock. When traveling or returning to a designated waypoint, GPScape will tell the rider distance and direction from present location.
- Honda's first liquid-cooled four-stroke ATV engine is a single-cylinder 499cc overhead-valve design that provides tremendous torque and dependable power.
- Hondamatic transmission is a continuously variable hydro-mechanical design that eliminates belts altogether. It is compact, quiet, maintenance-free and very rugged. The Hondamatic features true engine braking, unlike conventional belt-drive designs.
- Unique torque-sensitive front differential provides superior traction compared to a conventional limited-slip design, and reduces torque steer substantially for less steering effort.
- Extensive weight-saving measures keep the dry weight of the FourTrax® Foreman® Rubicon™ at 600 pounds.
- Traxlok® 2WD / 4WD system enables the rider to shift between two-wheel drive and four-wheel drive with a simple push of a switch. Quiet operation and smooth engagement are key features of the system.
- 20W integrated carburetor heater for reliable cold-weather starting.
- Liquid-cooled overhead-valve single-cylinder 499cc four-stroke engine is mounted longitudinally in the frame, allowing direct driveshaft alignment to front and rear wheels for improved drivetrain efficiency.
- Liquid-cooling provides consistent engine operating temperature in extreme conditions for maximum power output and long engine life.
- Camshaft is located adjacent to the cylinder head, reducing engine height. Together with the external engine-oil tank, engine height is further reduced for a low center of gravity and excellent handling.
- Four-valve cylinder head utilizes two short pushrods to provide a broad powerband for optimum performance and engine efficiency.
- Unique dry-sump oiling system attaches the oil tank to the front of the engine cases, lowering engine height and allowing optimum engine placement for excellent ground clearance and superb handling.
- Standard high-flow oil cooler ensures optimal engine lubrication under difficult operating conditions.
- The multiple scavenging oil system utilizes an oil pump with three sintered steel rotors (one for feed, two for scavenge) to provide a stable oil supply in diverse riding conditions.
- Unique temperature indicator uses two sensors to monitor both oil and coolant temperature.
- High-capacity coolant radiator is rated at 17.2 kW for efficient engine cooling in extreme operating conditions.
- Compact, flat-shaped radiator fan motor is lightweight and contributes to optimum engine placement.
- Rubber-cushion engine mounting and gear-driven counterbalancer reduce vibration.
- Integral electric carburetor heater system improves driveability and ensures smooth operation in cold conditions.
- Convenient electric starter, with auxiliary recoil starter and an automatic internal decompression system.
- Solid-state CD ignition with electronic advance for excellent performance and reliability.
- Stainless steel exhaust system provides superior corrosion resistance.
- Closed crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
- Traxlok is easily engaged by pushing a switch on the right handlebar. An electromagnetic mechanical clutch unit (EMCU) located on the center of the propeller shaft engages 4WD with a quiet two-way roller clutch. Unlike mechanical designs, Traxlok ensures smooth operation by employing a magnetic switching mechanism that engages when front and rear wheel speeds vary by less than 6 mph.
- The Hondamatic transmission utilizes variable hydraulic pressure and mechanical torque amplification to provide seamless job-handling power and excellent acceleration. Engine power drives a hydraulic pump. The pump, in turn, drives a hydraulic motor with variable fluid capacity. Utilizing pump and motor pistons and a variable-pitch motor-side swash plate, hydraulic capacity and pressure are varied, producing continuously variable output speed. In addition, torque is increased as output-shaft speed is reduced.
- Dash-mounted knob switches to one of three electronic shifting programs: D1 for maximum performance, D2 for maximum torque, and ESP®, Honda's exclusive Electric Shift Program. D1 and D2 modes provide continuously variable transmission output; ESP allows the rider to "shift" the Hondamatic with the touch of a thumb using two push-buttons mounted on the left handlebar.
- The Hondamatic is extremely efficient, with operating efficiencies ranging from 75-81 percent in full-reduction mode and from 87-92 percent when input and output speeds are the same (1:1 ratio).
- The Hondamatic is fully sealed, compact and maintenance-free, with no belts to wear out and replace.
- The Hondamatic features true engine braking, unlike conventional belt-drive designs.
- Versatile rider controls provide a shift lever to select Drive, Low, Neutral and Reverse.
- The Hondamatic uses multi-filtered (one large-capacity filter and three strainers) engine oil as hydraulic fluid, simplifying maintenance and ensuring an adequate oil supply in all operating conditions.
- Dual front disc brake calipers feature a patented built-in scraper system to remove mud and snow from inside the front wheel to help prevent build-up of debris between caliper and rim and ensure consistent braking performance.
- Brake pads feature thick, long-wearing material with improved mud durability, feel and control. Pads feature internal scraper that gives audible warning when pad life is low.
- Rugged frame and suspension provide 7.5 inches of ground clearance.
- Steering mechanism design features light effort and a tight turning radius of 10.8 feet.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension uses premium shock absorbers to provide 6.7 inches of suspension travel for a plush, comfortable ride.
- Steel swingarm and dual rear shock absorbers provide 6.7 inches of suspension travel for superb comfort and compliance.
- Attractive, large-diameter 12-inch aluminum wheels reduce unsprung weight for excellent ride and handling.
- Tough, large-diameter 25 x 8-12 front, 25 x 10-12 rear tires for precise handling.
- Powerful single piston caliper front hydraulic 180mm disc brakes and sealed rear mechanical drum.
- SUV styling for a rugged, adventurous look.
- Water-resistant storage is integrated into body work.
- Large 4.2-gallon fuel-tank capacity for increased range.
- Engine design produces low emissions and meets California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
- Multi-function LCD digital instrumentation is compact, tough and waterproof, featuring large readouts for Hondamatic transmission modes, gear selector position, speedometer, fuel gauge, odometer, resettable tripmeter and hourmeter/clock. Instrument housing includes LED lights for Reverse, Neutral and temperature warning indicator.
- Waterproof accessory socket provides 12-volt, 10-amp power with a built-in temperature-type fuse.
- Large, lightweight plastic fuel tank with 4.2-gallon capacity, including 0.9-gallon reserve.
- Digital fuel gauge.
- Snorkel-type air intake system is specially designed for water crossings.
- Thickly padded seat provides all-day comfort.
- Uniquely designed floorboards allow the rider's feet to grip the footrests while keeping mud and debris away from the rider's feet.
- Standard over-fenders give excellent mud protection.
- Reusable foam air filter.
- USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler.
- Powerful 361W AC generator.
- Tough, 12-amp-hour maintenance-free battery.
- Triple headlight system with single 45W upper light and dual 30W lower lights with multi-reflector lenses for optimal light distribution plus a 21W stop- and taillight.
- Large front and rear cargo racks are rated at 66 and 133 pounds, respectively.
- Heavy-duty trailer hitch with towing capacity of 850 pounds.
- Unique rear-opening storage compartment allows access when rack is loaded.
- Constant-velocity-joint boot guards help prevent damage to boot covers.
- Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use controls.
- Keyed ignition switch for added security.
- Triple skid plates.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Top-mounted choke lever for simple operation.
- Handlebar switches, controls, indicator lights and warning labels use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols.
- Standard tool kit includes a tire-pressure gauge.
- GVWR is 1111 pounds.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable six-month limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Ownership includes one-year complimentary membership for an individual in the Honda Rider's Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include: discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance for ATV transport vehicle while ATV is being transported, one year of Honda Red Rider ATV™ magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse Web site (www.hrca.honda.com) and access online to Honda Common Service Manual. For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA.
- Flag Kit.