Powersports / ATV / Utility / FourTrax Foreman 4x4 ES/4x4
2006 FourTrax Foreman 4x4 ES/FourTrax Foreman 4x4 Features
05/31/2005 - Torrance, Calif.
With Honda's latest longitudinally mounted 475cc engine and versatile Traxlok 2WD/4WD system, this Foreman offers a choice between a manual shifting version or Honda's Electric Shift Program (ESP).Email a Friend
Features & Benefits
- SUV styling features flowing fenders with integrated headlights and taillights for a rugged, adventurous look.
- Traxlok® enables the rider to shift between 2WD and 4WD with the simple push of a switch. Quiet operation and smooth engagement are key features of the system.
- Torque-sensitive front differential reduces torque steer for less steering effort.
- Dual front disc brake calipers feature a patented built-in scraper system to remove mud and snow from inside the front wheel to help prevent build-up of debris between caliper and rim to ensure consistent braking performance.
- Brake pads feature thick long wear material with improved mud durability, feel and control. Pads feature internal scraper that gives audible warning when pad life is low.
- Patented oil cooling system features dual oil coolers for greater cooling capacity.
- Powerful four-stroke 475cc OHV air-cooled longitudinally mounted engine allows direct driveshaft alignment to both front and rear wheels for improved drivetrain efficiency.
- The overhead valve arrangement features angled valves in a hemispherical combustion chamber for straighter intake and exhaust flow for improved engine performance.
- Patented oil cooling system features dual oil coolers for greater cooling capacity. The first cooler is located in the traditional position in front of the engine. The second cooler is mounted higher in a protected position under the front fender away from mud and debris and is fed a cool supply of air through a front fender duct. Oil is first routed to the lower cooler then to the second high-mounted cooler before returning to the engine.
- Rubber-cushion engine mounting and gear-driven counterbalancer reduce vibration.
- Snorkel-type air intake system is specially designed for water crossings.
- Integral electric carburetor heater system improves driveability and ensures smooth operation in cold conditions.
- Closed crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
- USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler is constructed of stainless steel.
- Traxlok is easily engaged by pushing a switch on the right handlebar. An electromagnetic mechanical clutch unit (EMCU) located on the center of the propeller shaft engages 4WD with a quiet two-way roller clutch. Unlike mechanical designs, Traxlok ensures smooth operation by employing a magnetic switching mechanism that engages when front and rear wheel speeds vary by less than 6 mph.
- ES model features ESP® (Electric Shift Program) for push-button upshifting and downshifting. The rider shifts simply and precisely with the press of the upshift or downshift button mounted on the left handlebar. An onboard electronic control module (ECM) monitors information from four sensors-engine rpm, countershaft speed, shift drum angle and shift spindle angle-to control the speed of the electric shift motor's gear and clutch engagement. Gear-engagement speed varies according to rider style: The transmission shifts more quickly when riding style turns sporty. A neutral lockout at speeds greater than 2 mph ensures available engine braking when descending hills. For smooth shifting, the transmission cannot be shifted from Neutral to First gear or Reverse gear at engine speeds above 3000 rpm. ESP is not battery-dependent, operating whenever the engine is running. Should the rider ever need to shift manually, the ES model is also equipped with an auxiliary shift lever in the tool kit.
- Super-heavy-duty automatic clutch for excellent driveability and towing capacity.
- Convenient five-speed transmission with Reverse.
- Maintenance-free shaft drive with torque-sensing front differential routes power directly from the longitudinally mounted engine without inefficient directional changes.
- Convenient electric starter, with auxiliary recoil starter and an automatic internal decompression system.
- Wet sump with large 3.2-quart capacity.
- CD ignition with electronic advance for excellent performance and reliability.
- Reusable foam air filter.
- Rugged frame and suspension provide an exceptional 7.5 inches of ground clearance.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension uses KYB shock absorbers to give 6.7 inches of travel.
- Steel swingarm and dual KYB rear shock absorbers give 6.7 inches of travel.
- Rugged, large-diameter 25 x 8-12 front, 25 x 10-12 rear tires provide added ground clearance while maintaining precise handling.
- Dual 180mm front hydraulic disc brakes and sealed 180mm mechanical rear drum.
- Engine design produces low emissions and meets California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards along with 2006 EPA standards.
- Water-resistant left-side glove-box compartment.
- Large cargo racks front and rear allow payloads of 66 and 133 pounds, respectively.
- Heavy-duty trailer hitch with towing capacity of 850 pounds.
- Large, lightweight plastic fuel tank with 4.2-gallon capacity.
- Unique rear-opening storage compartment allows access when rack is loaded.
- Powerful, 326W AC generator.
- Triple headlight system with single 45W upper light and dual 30W lower lights with multi-reflector lenses for optimal light distribution plus a 21W stop- and taillight.
- Multi-function LCD digital meter is compact, tough and waterproof, featuring large readouts for fuel gauge, gear position, speedometer, odometer, tripmeter, hourmeter/clock and oil change reminder. Meter housing includes LED lights for Reverse, Neutral, oil temperature and front differential indicator.
- Waterproof accessory socket provides 12-volt, 10-amp power with a built-in temperature-type fuse.
- Uniquely designed floorboards allow the rider's feet to grip the footrests while keeping mud and debris away from the rider's feet.
- Standard over-fenders give excellent mud protection.
- Thickly padded seat provides all-day comfort.
- Large mud flaps keep dirt and debris off of the rider.
- Two-piece boot guards help prevent damage to boot covers.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use controls.
- Keyed ignition switch for added security.
- Triple skid plates.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Top-mounted choke lever for simple operation.
- Handlebar switches, controls and warning labels use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols.
- Standard tool kit includes a tire-pressure gauge.
- GVWR is 485 pounds for both TRX500FE / TRX500FM.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable six-month limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Ownership includes one-year complimentary membership for an individual in the Honda Rider's Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include: discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance for ATV transport vehicle while ATV is being transported, one year of Honda Red Rider ATV™ magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse Web site (www.hrca. honda.com) and access online to Honda Common Service Manual. For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA.
- Flag Kit.