Powersports / ATV / Sport / TRX250X
2008 Honda TRX250EX Features & Benefits
Beginners and long-time riders alike praise the sporty and fun-to-ride TRX250EX, equipped with Honda's innovative, easy-to-use SportClutch and aggressive race-inspired styling.
New for 2008
- New White color joins Red.
- Lightweight OHV air-cooled 229cc engine is longitudinally mounted to allow direct driveshaft alignment to rear wheels for more efficient power transfer.
- Two-valve cylinder-head design features performance-optimized valve timing, a 31.5mm-diameter intake valve and a 27mm-diameter exhaust valve to produce a broad, usable powerband.
- 22mm carburetor with light throttle effort offers immediate engine response.
- Hand-operated Honda SportClutch™ enables the rider to experience manual clutch actuation with the advantage of no stalling when coming to a stop.
- A unique buffer plate in the carburetor float chamber helps maintain consistent fuel flow when riding across varied terrain.
- Solid-state CD ignition with electronic advance and 8750-rpm engine rev limiter.
- Closed crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
- Rubber-mounted engine reduces vibration.
- Automatic cam-chain tensioner requires no maintenance.
- High-efficiency oil cooler supplements the 2-quart capacity wet sump, providing lower operating temperature over a wide range of riding conditions for maximum performance and increased engine life.
- 123-watt capacity alternator ensures abundant electrical power.
- Convenient electric starter.
- Five-speed transmission features sport-riding ratios, Reverse and the no-stall SportClutch.
- 27mm front shocks combined with a 32mm rear shock provide bump absorption and rider comfort.
- Lightweight, double-cradle steel chassis is designed to withstand the demands of recreational riding.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension provides an exceptional 5.9 inches of travel.
- Steel swingarm and single rear shock absorber provide 5.7 inches.
- Dual hydraulic 174mm front disc brakes and fully sealed rear mechanical drum brake provide superb and consistent braking power.
- 22 x 7-10 front and 22 x 10-9 rear tires feature an aggressive, TRX400EX-derived knobby tread pattern for excellent traction.
- Lightweight aluminum wheels reduce unsprung weight for superb handling.
- Engine design produces low emissions and meets California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
- TRX450R-inspired bodywork.
- Ergonomic seat is designed for recreational riding, providing superb comfort and excellent rider maneuverability.
- Ergonomic layout and rider controls provide a comfortable operating position for a wide range of riding styles and rider sizes.
- Snorkel-type air-intake system is specially designed to provide cool, clean air in all riding conditions.
- Single-headlight system features a twin-filament high/low 39-watt/39-watt bulb.
- LED tail- and brakelight.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Reusable, washable foam air filter.
- Neutral and reverse indicator lights.
- Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use hand and foot controls.
- Keyed ignition switch for added security.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Standard tool kit includes a tire-pressure gauge.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Flag Kit.