Honda Marine / BF40/BF50
Honda BF50 and BF40: Compact Size, Ergonomic Design
Honda Marine's BF50 and BF40 pack maximum power and easy handling into a lightweight, compact, and ergonomic design. Ideal for pontoons, shallow-draft walleye, bay, multi-species, or bass boats running in flats or deep water, both are loaded with user-friendly features and provide smooth, quiet operation with instant throttle response and outstanding performance.
The higher horsepower (hp) BF50 is a featherweight. With dry weight ranging from 205 lbs (93 kg) to 214 lbs (97.5 kg) depending on configuration, it is the lightest 50hp, 4-stroke production outboard in America.
Both the BF50 and BF40 feature Auto-Start Enrichment, center-mounted tiller handle, Non-Linear Mounting System, 3-to-3 Induction System, and an innovative offset crankshaft.
- Microprocessor-controlled Auto-Start Enrichment System allows both engines to be started with the simple turn of a key while automatically adjusting the air/fuel mixture for quick, easy starts;
- Throttle friction control, power tilt/trim control, and engine alert indicators are located at the operator's fingertips for quick, comfortable adjustment at a glance. And a generous -4 to +12-degree trim angle provides maximum performance and handling;
- Honda's patented Non-Linear Mounting system incorporates rubber mounts for reduced vibration and smoother operation at all engine speeds;
- Lightweight, compact 3-cylinder engines utilize a 3-to-3 induction system employing one carburetor per cylinder for instant throttle response and increased fuel efficiency; the design is more responsive than competitive throttle bodies with long intake runners;
- Honda's patented 4-Front Corrosion Protection System is a double-sealed multi-layer paint process that fights off corrosion from harsh marine environments. The base is a Honda aluminum alloy followed by a double-sealed treatment, an epoxy primer undercoat, and an acrylic resin metallic coating topped off with a clear overcoat of acrylic;
- An offset crankshaft design reduces vibration by locating the powerhead directly over the transom pivot point, making the BF50 and BF40 engines among the quietest outboards on the market.
The BF50 is available in both 20- and 25-inch shaft models, while the BF40 comes in a 20-inch shaft length. All new Honda outboard engines sold for recreational use between May 1, 2007, and March 31, 2008, offer an industry-best True 5-year non-declining limited factory warranty that is the same on the last day as it is on the first.
Honda Marine pioneered 4-stroke engine technology, setting a new benchmark for fuel efficiency, quiet operation, and low emissions. Honda's outboards share the same unparalleled durability, quality, and reliability of its legendary automobiles. With models ranging from 2 to 225 horsepower, Honda Marine's full line of current production models meets rigorous California Air Resources Board (CARB) 3-Star standards, ensuring their availability and regulatory compliance in all 50 states.