American Honda Motor Co., Inc. Executive Vice President and COO Takuji Yamada yesterday presented the company's Premier Partner Award to 15 American Honda suppliers for demonstrating excellence in quality, value and customer service. This year's award recipients were selected from among 46 suppliers nominated by American Honda associates out of more than 1,000 eligible companies.
The Premier Partner Award winners represent multiple industries from varied aspects of Honda's business ranging from software development and fleet management to design and marketing services. The 2013 award recipients include seven winners returning from last year as well as four first-time winners. The award program was established in 1998 to recognize suppliers who embrace American Honda's philosophy of exceeding customer expectations with exceptional quality and service.
"The Premier Partner Awards highlight an outstanding group of suppliers that provide Honda with exceptional service each and every day," said Charles Harmon, American Honda's senior manager of Corporate Procurement and Corporate Services. "Their support is critical to our ability to provide our customers with quality customer service and products. We are proud to recognize them for their exceptional contributions."
Following are the 15 American Honda Premier Partner Award recipients for 2013:
- ADP Lightspeed of Salt Lake City, for providing business management solutions
- Atlantic Container Line AB of Chicago, for providing international transporting services
- automätik of Tempe, Ariz., for producing interactive training curriculum and events
- BI Worldwide of Minneapolis, for the development and execution of customer engagement programs
- Crown Packaging of Kettering, Ohio, for packaging services and support
- George P. Johnson of Torrance, Calif., for providing experiential marketing services
- Insight Investments, LLC of Costa Mesa, Calif., for implementing an IT lease refresh strategy
- J. Addams & Partners, Inc. of Atlanta, for providing public relations support for the Honda Power Equipment division
- Maritz Motivational Services of Torrance, Calif., for creating an in-dealership launch training program as part of the 2013 Accord launch
- Meiko America, Inc. of Torrance, Calif., for export shipment and logistics
- Pacific Technology Solutions of Irvine, Calif., for E-learning and enterprise level software development solutions
- SooHoo Designers of Torrance, Calif., for the design and production of the accessory marketing materials
- Targetbase of Irving, Texas, for marketing strategy and consultation, and development and management of proprietary customer databases
- TM Claims Service, Inc. of Los Angeles, for a broad range of transportation-related claims services
- Tyco Integrated Security, LLC of Boca Raton, Fla., for providing electronic security services
Based on Honda's longstanding commitment to "build products close to the customer," Honda currently operates 14 manufacturing facilities in North America, producing a wide range of Honda and Acura automobiles, automobile engines and automatic transmissions, Honda all-terrain vehicles, and Honda power equipment products such as lawn mowers, mini-tillers and general purpose engines, using domestic and globally-sourced parts. Honda started local production in the U.S. with motorcycles in 1979. In 1982, Honda became the first Japanese automaker to produce passenger cars in the U.S. Honda has continued to expand its local production capabilities, and cumulative automobile production in North America surpassed 23 million units in 2011.
Connect with Honda:
Honda Multimedia Newsroom (for media only): http://www.hondanews.com
Honda News & Views: http://www.honda.com/news
Honda on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/americanhonda
Honda on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/honda
Honda on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/honda
Honda on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/hondanews
Honda Website: http://www.honda.com