Powersports / Motorcycles / Sport / CB1000R
2012 Honda CB1000R Features and Benefits
It's been called a street fighter, a naked bike, a supersport bike in undercover clothing and more. But regardless of what riding niche the CB1000R may fill, it definitely embodies the classic Honda formula for high performance in an unfaired four-cylinder bike—and that's a very good thing. Boasting clean, essentials-only styling, a fuel-injected four-cylinder 998cc powerplant tuned for loads of right-now power, single-sided swingarm with single-shock rear suspension, plus a wealth of street-worthy features that give it its own unique identity, the CB1000R stands tall as a high-performance motorcycle with an enduring design.
New for 2012
- New Matte Grey Metallic color.
- The CB1000R powerplant features a sport/racing heritage in the form of a compact, lightweight and powerful 998cc liquid-cooled fuel-injected inline four-cylinder engine that has been specifically retuned for a street-savvy ride with impressive amounts of low-end and midrange power.
- Standard seating position delivers excellent rider comfort and tremendous versatility for long-distance travel and two-up riding.
- Short, compact and lightweight seat and tail cowl are both attractive and functional.
- Compact and stylish three-section LCD instrument panel features a multi-segment LCD tachometer.
- Distinctive triangular multi-reflector headlight, with unique LED position light.
- Distinctive cast aluminum wheels feature a swept four-spoke design.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- The crankshaft, mainshaft and countershaft are situated in a triangulated configuration, with the countershaft located below the mainshaft, to dramatically shorten the overall engine dimensions from front to back.
- Racing-derived 16-valve cylinder head delivers outstanding flow for optimum combustion characteristics and power production.
- Aluminum composite cylinder sleeves are high-pressure-formed from sintered aluminum powder impregnated with ceramic and graphite. The lightweight composite sleeves provide enhanced wear resistance and superior heat dissipation compared to conventional sleeves.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions, thereby delivering optimal performance and remarkably crisp throttle response over a wide range of operating conditions (see Technology Section).
- Sophisticated Gravity Die-Cast technology creates a mono-backbone aluminum frame that is strong yet features thin-wall construction for light weight. This innovative technology forms the basis of a well-integrated chassis package that yields superb handling.
- Distinctively styled single-sided aluminum swingarm with single HMAS shock featuring spring preload and rebound-damping adjustability provides excellent rear suspension action along with a unique look.
- Up front, a fully adjustable 43mm inverted fork, with radially mounted four-piston calipers borrowed from the CBR1000RR, and full-floating 310 mm dual discs, offers leading-edge sport bike performance.
Honda Genuine Accessories*
- Rear Cowl (Black), 3D Logo, Under Fender Cover, Rear Brake Air Guide, Outdoor Cover