Powersports / Motorcycles / Sport / CB1000R
2011 Honda CB1000R Features and Benefits
Look at the new CB1000R and you see a motorcycle with an enduring correctness of design. Credit its clean, essentials-only styling, a fuel-injected four-cylinder 998cc powerplant tuned for loads of right-now power, single-sided swingarm with single-shock rear suspension, plus a wealth of new features that give it its own unique identity. Whether you choose to call it a "naked bike," or a Superbike in Clark Kent clothing, the 2011 CB1000R is the most modern iteration of a long line of much-respected high-performance unfaired four-cylinder bikes—the classic hot-rod Hondas.
- The CB1000R powerplant features a sport/racing heritage in the form of a compact, lightweight and powerful 998cc liquid-cooled fuel-injected inline four-cylinder engine that has been specifically retuned for a street-savvy ride with impressive amounts of low-end and midrange power.
- The crankshaft, main shaft and countershaft are situated in a triangulated configuration, with the countershaft located below the main shaft, to dramatically shorten the overall engine dimensions from front to back.
- Racing-derived 16-valve cylinder head delivers outstanding flow for optimum combustion characteristics and power production.
- Aluminum composite cylinder sleeves are high-pressure formed from sintered aluminum powder impregnated with ceramic and graphite. The lightweight composite sleeves provide enhanced wear resistance and superior heat dissipation compared to conventional sleeves.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions, thereby delivering optimal performance and remarkably crisp throttle response over a wide range of operating conditions.
- Sophisticated Gravity Die-Cast technology creates a mono-backbone aluminum frame that is strong yet features thin-wall construction for light weight. This innovative technology forms the basis of a well-integrated chassis package that yields superb handling.
- Distinctively styled single-sided aluminum swingarm with single HMAS shock featuring spring preload and rebound-damping adjustability provides excellent rear suspension action along with a unique look.
- Up front, a fully adjustable 43mm inverted fork with radial-mount dual 310mm disc brakes sourced from the CBR1000RR offers leading-edge sport bike performance.
- Standard seating position delivers excellent rider comfort and tremendous versatility for long-distance travel and two-up riding.
- Short, compact and lightweight seat and tail cowl are both attractive and functional.
- Compact and stylish three-section LCD instrument panel features a multi-segment LCD tachometer.
- Distinctive triangular multi-reflector headlight, with unique LED position light.
- Distinctive cast aluminum wheels feature a swept four-spoke design.
Honda Genuine Accessories*
- Rear Cowl (Black), 3D Logo, Under Fender Cover, Chain Guide Bracket, Outdoor Cover
* WARRANTY: Because we’re so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Genuine Accessories, we’re pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.